Monday, January 11, 2016

ARC Review: Sanctuary Bay by Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns




Author: Laura J. Burns, Melinda Metz
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (January 19th 2016)
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Pages: 320

Synopsis:
When Sarah Merson receives the opportunity of a lifetime to attend the most elite prep school in the country- Sanctuary Bay Academy-it seems almost too good to be true. But, after years of bouncing from foster home to foster home, escaping to its tranquil setting, nestled deep in Swans Island, couldn't sound more appealing. Swiftly thrown into a world of privilege and secrets, Sarah quickly realizes finding herself noticed by class charmer, Nate, as well as her roommate's dangerously attentive boyfriend, Ethan, are the least of her worries. When her roommate suddenly goes missing, she finds herself in a race against time, not only to find her, but to save herself and discover the dark truth behind Sanctuary Bay's glossy reputation.

I was given an E-ARC (digital advances reader's copy) of this book through NetGalley. However, this does NOT affect my opinion.

To be honest, I couldn't finish this book. I put it down after reading half of it. I was quite disappointed with this book.
I was interested in the plot, because the synopsis didn't talk much about the story. It was mysterious, and I wanted to know more.
I couldn't relate to the characters. They seemed so unreal to me. I found their conversations uninteresting, and sometimes even cheesy.
The plot. That's why I put the book down. In the first 60-ish pages, I liked the how the story was going. But then, after something happens (not going to spoil you), the story took another way. And I found no purpose to what was going on.
The writing style was good, though. I liked how the authors mixed the actions with Sarah's (the main character) thoughts.
So you probably guessed it. I didn't like this book. And I don't think I'll continue with it anytime soon. Does that mean I don't recommend it to you? No, go preorder it, or go buy it the day it hit shelves. If I didn't like this book, this does not mean you won't like it either.

Did you read this book? If so, what did you think of it?


Signature made by Ccovertocover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say about this post? Leave your message here!